Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Piece of Art Work


Today was the launch of Ministry for Community Development, Youth and Sports heritage exhibition commemorating its 60 anniversary. I had to design 8 posters for the exhibition which was actually a mad and rushed job. The time constraint was very tight within 1 and half days. It was IMPOSSIBLE for me to meet the deadline. Neverthless, the MCYS staff helped to roll up their sleeves and lent me their assistance in my assignment. If not for them, these pieces of art work wouldn't have made it to the exhibition on time.

These posters were actually cut-and-paste montages on the boards. They looked like printed posters, right? Well, there was no time to send the posters for professional printing. Actually I prefer to have the posters printed professionally rather than to have cut-and-paste pictures on the posters. Which can look unslightly and not presentable. My nitemare was that the top might frown when they see the "sloppily-done" posters.

But anyway, I went ahead with it. I was surprised and pleased with the results that the cut-and-paste montages looked incredibly great! The credits goes to the MCYS staff who helped to cut and stick the pictures hurriedly in a flurry.

In that case if you are thinking that the whole piece of designed art work is done by me, no, part of design credits goes to the MCYS staff too. One of them knows Photoshop so she designed this background. The rest ( pixs and fonts) were done by me.

1 Meow Meow

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Sleek Black said...

thanks for ur comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home