Tuesday, August 09, 2005

We are Singaporeans.

Today is Singapore's birthday. She is 40 years old and is celebrating her birthday with us at Padang, Yishun, Tampines, Jurong and one more...I forget....ah.....Marina South. 40 years ago, she was under the salvery of Malaysia. She cried,wept, sobbed, wailed and suffered very miserably till the hero Mr Lee Kuan Yew came to her rescue and fought for her freedom and decided to whisk her away from grouchy and stubborn government enciks. This is how Singapore broke away from slavery of Malaysia and became independent on that day.

However Mr Lee Kuan Yew was very sad and wept a few tears. Nevertheless he took it in his stride and worked very hard to rebuild the island. It was the first time that the island was on its own. He urged people to work hard and be very efficient. I am not too sure what Singapore was like 40 years ago so I couldn't continue with this story.

But I salute him for what he have done so much for Singapore. If not for him, most possibly, the island might be in sluggish state till now.

This is my favourite National song -
- People said that we cannot do it but we did it.
- This is my family. This is my country. These are my friends. We are Singaporeans.

Wish you a Happy Birthday...oops.....typo...Happy National Day.

Disclaimer: Please do not take my story abt the hero rescusing Singapore from Malaysia seriously. I heard bits and bits of history. Never take history seriously when I was in sec school.

0 Meow Meow

Post a Comment

<< Home