Sunday, November 06, 2005

My hate-turned-love relationship with nasi briyani



Last time, I dun like to eat nasi briyani but now like it.

I cannot fathom why people like to eat it. My friends eat it. My housemates in Aussie eat it too.

A few years ago, when I was in Australia, I went to Spencer Village with my housemates for dinner. Spencer Village is Asian food centre, selling Asian food. There are Asian restaurants. There is Asian hawker centre too.

They ordered what? Nasi briyani. All of them ordered this nasi except me.

When I was working for Asiaone last time, every month, there was a lunch meeting with my dept.

During one of the lunch meetings, I was dismayed to see nasi briyani. I tortured my taste buds, eating bits by bits slowly.....

I am quite Miss Food-Fussy. Always hate to eat this. That. This nasi is something that I find not to my liking.

However since my visit to my Malay host at her place a few days ago, it changed my taste for this nasi.

Not that it is very delicious. After eating, I find it quite tasty and am convinced not to stun this food anymore.

Ya, I ate it for dinner today.

0 Meow Meow

Post a Comment

<< Home