Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ugly and Thick Hair

One year ago, I rebonded my hair, and now my thick and wavy hair are creeping back. My hands are finding it harder and more tedious to wash my hair.

I am happy with my natural hair which I consider it as "good luck". I mean that it is to my advantage that I dun have to wrinkle my anxious face, fretting that my hair is either too skinny or dropping a lot. I heard that it is natural to drop over 100 strands and they are assumed that it is nothing to worry abt. Nah, I dun think so cos I know that it can be very frightening to see so many strands dropping, and 100 strands are abnormally a lot to me.

When I wash my hair, it rebels against the Law of Gravity, and less than 10 strands can be hardly seen on floor.

Another pro - Thick and wavy hair is worshipped as big, fashionable and sexy ornament. Yup, true that it is easier to style the hair sexy since it have volume.

But I am not a high-maintenance girl and am too lazy to blow-dry and spray. So my hair looks so plain. Sometimes I wish that it is straight for easier maintenance and fuss-free, and straight hair looks more neater.

Back to old times, my hair was very big and ugly like Afro. There were no layering techniques which were not yet invented. My childhood friend, C made my hair the butt of jokes. He suggested that I should be the spokewoman for Coke cos I fit their "punky" image.

To keep up with trendy image, people are always colouring their hair. I am opposite. I am always going for straightening, relaxing and finally rebonding.

Straightening is flattening the hair on colourful boards. The effects dun last very long, the monsterous hair will come back after a few weeks.

Relaxing is combing the hair straight with some cream. Lasts for a few months.

Rebonding is the latest technique. Lasts for one year.

If I have a choice, I will choose straight and thick hair. Till now, I am resigned to my monstorous hair.

0 Meow Meow

Post a Comment

<< Home